Who we are
We are a group of Tucson residents committed to re-creating and authentically presenting the historic structures and landscapes to the regional community and visitors in the area known as Tucson’s Birthplace. To that end we have formed an organization to undertake the completion of the Tucson Origins Heritage Park.
Our mission is to preserve, honor, protect, restore and promote the cultural heritage of Tucson’s Birthplace at the foot of Sentinel Peak (‘A Mountain’).
To accomplish this our organization partners with like-minded groups locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in order to inform Tucsonans and visitors of this rich and unique cultural treasure.
Our first focus is to complete the Mission Garden, a project begun under voter-approved public funds and to be completed in a public/private partnership with Friends of Tucson’s Birthplace.
Our goals do not only include the construction and planting of the Garden, but also its successful operation and maintenance. We are also engaged in ensuring the preservation and development of the remainder of Tucson Origins Heritage Park as a historical area, as defined in COT’s Proposition 400, which passed in 1999. We are seeking to accomplish all this by enlisting public support, training volunteers and pursuing funding through donations and grants.
- Protected: Red Lentil and Mint Soup with Shaved Gruyère AOP
- Citrus and Olio Nuovo Salad
- Choosing Your EVOO: A guide to buying tested and guaranteed extra-virgin olive oil
- Green Apple Sorbet
- Twenty Years Later, NAR Honors Original ‘Good Neighbor’ Scottsdale Realtor® Gil Gillenwater
- Expanding the Northern Jaguar Reserve
- Ghee Popped Popcorn
- Caraway Bacon Root Vegetables
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- Rich Chocolate Mulled Wine
- Cabbage Posole
- The Future of Grassfed: Sustainable Ranching in the El Morro Valley
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Reader Survey Ebook