Who we are
We are a group of Tucson residents committed to re-creating and authentically presenting the historic structures and landscapes to the regional community and visitors in the area known as Tucson’s Birthplace. To that end we have formed an organization to undertake the completion of the Tucson Origins Heritage Park.
Our mission is to preserve, honor, protect, restore and promote the cultural heritage of Tucson’s Birthplace at the foot of Sentinel Peak (‘A Mountain’).
To accomplish this our organization partners with like-minded groups locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in order to inform Tucsonans and visitors of this rich and unique cultural treasure.
Our first focus is to complete the Mission Garden, a project begun under voter-approved public funds and to be completed in a public/private partnership with Friends of Tucson’s Birthplace.
Our goals do not only include the construction and planting of the Garden, but also its successful operation and maintenance. We are also engaged in ensuring the preservation and development of the remainder of Tucson Origins Heritage Park as a historical area, as defined in COT’s Proposition 400, which passed in 1999. We are seeking to accomplish all this by enlisting public support, training volunteers and pursuing funding through donations and grants.
- Pioneering Standards: An Interview with Mel Coleman of Coleman Natural Foods
- Support NJP with Handcrafted Jewelry
- Building a Stronghold for Jaguars Together
- Satori Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Edibles Reach New Highs with Passion for Both Cannabis and Food
- Blue Sky Farms and Egg Innovations Bring Eggs That are Better for Consumers—and the Planet
- Sustaining a Legacy: Kay Cornelius Takes the Helm of Panorama Organic Grass-fed Meats
- Travel Through Cooking
- Vegetarian Eggplant “Meatballs”
- COVID-19 Emergency Response Update
- Consumers Hold The Key To Building A Better Meat System
- Learning to Dig
- Stop and Eat the Flowers
- French Flower Omelette
- Chef Bobby Hansen wanted a healthier almond butter, so he got crackin’
- Cashew Butter Pie