Who we are
We are a group of Tucson residents committed to re-creating and authentically presenting the historic structures and landscapes to the regional community and visitors in the area known as Tucson’s Birthplace. To that end we have formed an organization to undertake the completion of the Tucson Origins Heritage Park.
Our mission is to preserve, honor, protect, restore and promote the cultural heritage of Tucson’s Birthplace at the foot of Sentinel Peak (‘A Mountain’).
To accomplish this our organization partners with like-minded groups locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in order to inform Tucsonans and visitors of this rich and unique cultural treasure.
Our first focus is to complete the Mission Garden, a project begun under voter-approved public funds and to be completed in a public/private partnership with Friends of Tucson’s Birthplace.
Our goals do not only include the construction and planting of the Garden, but also its successful operation and maintenance. We are also engaged in ensuring the preservation and development of the remainder of Tucson Origins Heritage Park as a historical area, as defined in COT’s Proposition 400, which passed in 1999. We are seeking to accomplish all this by enlisting public support, training volunteers and pursuing funding through donations and grants.
- 100% Local, 100% Vegan, 100% Affordable: Day Six
- 100% Local, 100% Vegan, 100% Affordable: Day Five
- Weekly CSA Recipe: Spicy Jalapeño Dip
- Spicy Jalapeño Dip
- Prickly Pear Fruit Harvest & Cooking Workshop
- Honey Cinnamon Granola
- Chef Riley Chandler Unveils Pop-Up Tucson, 2.0
- HUB Restaurant and Creamery Pre-Opening Party
- Wildflower Rosé Dinner
- Dessert in the Desert: HUB Ice Cream Factory
- Prickly Pear Celebration at Tanque Verde Ranch
- Weekly CSA Recipe: Honey Cardamom Zucchini Bread
- Honey Cardamom Zucchini Bread
- 100% Local, 100% Vegan, 100% Affordable: Day Four
- 100% Local, 100% Vegan, 100% Affordable: Day Three