Who we are
We are a group of Tucson residents committed to re-creating and authentically presenting the historic structures and landscapes to the regional community and visitors in the area known as Tucson’s Birthplace. To that end we have formed an organization to undertake the completion of the Tucson Origins Heritage Park.
Our mission is to preserve, honor, protect, restore and promote the cultural heritage of Tucson’s Birthplace at the foot of Sentinel Peak (‘A Mountain’).
To accomplish this our organization partners with like-minded groups locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in order to inform Tucsonans and visitors of this rich and unique cultural treasure.
Our first focus is to complete the Mission Garden, a project begun under voter-approved public funds and to be completed in a public/private partnership with Friends of Tucson’s Birthplace.
Our goals do not only include the construction and planting of the Garden, but also its successful operation and maintenance. We are also engaged in ensuring the preservation and development of the remainder of Tucson Origins Heritage Park as a historical area, as defined in COT’s Proposition 400, which passed in 1999. We are seeking to accomplish all this by enlisting public support, training volunteers and pursuing funding through donations and grants.
- Homescape Harvest Tour
- Big Community, Little Mercado
- Four Ways to Experience Fall in Baja Arizona
- Prickly Pear Candies: A Tucson Twist on Halloween
- Five Can’t-Miss Baja Arizona Burritos
- The Future of UNESCO in Tucson
- Phantoms Art Show
- Ten Acres of Tradition
- Terroir on Tap
- Weekly CSA Recipe: Butternut Squash and Arugula Salad
- Butternut Squash and Arugula Salad
- Baja Arizona Farmers You Should Know
- Baja Eats: Bird Modern Provisions and Bar
- Five Perfect Fall Road Trips
- Salud! 2017